At the 2017 Performance Racing Industry show held in Indianapolis,IN we where very excited to tool up the new Centroid A590 Engine Shop CNC Machine. Our end mills where also used in the Palmgren booth on a manual milling machine and we met some great customers and exhibitors at the show who told us about their experiences using Destiny end mills. Theres a complete video below of many of the highlights from the show.
We where able to connect with the folks from Centroid in Howard, PA to provide some tooling for their new Centroid A590 Engine Show CNC Machine.
A complete turn-key system, the A590 Machining Center overcomes many limitations of other cnc porting machines with its unique and patented technology. With Centorid's advanced technology you can machine cylinder heads and engine blocks to incredible tolerances while maintaining amazing surface finishes all with one machine.
Centroid's CNC articulating head was designed specifically for CNC Cylinder head porting. Made in the USA of rigid cast iron the A590’s B axis rotates 90 degrees in each direction for a full 180 degrees of movement of the tilting B axis spindle head/
- Check out our interview with Mike Stevens from Centroid talking about the new A590 using a 5/8" diameter Destiny Tool Diamond Back at 11,000 RPM, 240 IPM, .060" radial, and .500" axial.
- Jeremy Harshman, at 17 year old high school senior updated us on what he's been doing since we met him last year at PRI when his father bought him his first CNC Mill. He shows us an intake elbow for a Terminator Mustang all made with Destiny End mills. You can following him on instagram @motivperformanceengineering
- Rob Stock was kind enough to send us some of his parts made with Destiny End Mills for display inner booth. You can check him out on instagram @stock_design
- Dean visited us lat year at PRI and was just getting his new Haas VF5 CNC milling machine. He updates us on what he's been up to in the past 12 months since we last met and they finishes he getting with our end mills.
- There a close up up hyperlaspse in the video of the Destiny Raptor 3/6 end mills for those who have been asking for that 360 degree view.
- Alec Darling from J Squared swung by our booth. J Squared had their own booth just down the aisle from us. Alec overheard some of our conversation and made some great comments that we just had to get him on video saying. J Squared started 35 years ago and made quite a name for themselves by manufacturing high-quality, affordable tubing benders and notchers and now plasma cutting tables. You can follow them on instagram @jsquaredinc
- The Pitt SAE Race team who we sponsor was kind enough to assist us in the booth for set up and break down. You can follow Panther Racing @PittFSAE
The Centroid A590 5- Axis Engine Shop CNC
| || |
A new level of 5-axis CNC machining performance and price point is found in the Centroid A590 5-axis machining center. Weighing in at 23,000 lbs the new A590 combines quickness and accuracy with a large work table, high material removal rates and heavy part weight capacities with an easy to use operator CNC control interface with the latest CNC software. As the name implies the A590’s B axis rotates 90 degrees in each direction for a full 180 degrees of movement of the tilting B axis spindle head. The A590 accommodates work-pieces up to 26.5” in diameter and 46” long with a weight of up to 2425 lbs.
Destiny End Mills used on the Demonstration
The Centroid CNC Milling machine carousel was loaded with the following Destiny Tool End Mills: